Friday, September 25, 2015

Patiently waiting....


Well. Maybe not quite so patiently. I may not be the most patient person. This is the first day that I don't feel a strong pull on my hip when walking. Maybe tomorrow I'll wake up cured of this hip flexor pain? It's horrible timing because my favorite time to run is the fall and here we are rushing into it while I'm sidelined waiting for my cute limp to go away. 

What do you guys do when you can't run? This is usually when I go to workout dvd's because I prefer to exercise at home versus going to a gym. I'm a solo workout kind of person, although I don't mind running with large packs of people during a race :) I've been doing the 30 day shred by Jillian Michaels. I don't love to ever repeat the same workouts over and over, though, so I get bored easily. I know it sounds crazy since running is constantly doing the same thing but it never feels that way. 

We've had a ridiculous week at work since our computer systems have been down nationwide. I could use a great long run to provide some stress relief!

I'm looking ahead at races and there are two halves I would love to do over the next month but I'm afraid to sign up for them until I'm feeling at least 75% on normal runs. Thoughts?

No comments: